3M will be discontinuing a number of PAPR systems and specific components immediately. Please review excerpts from the discontinuation notice as well as the official 3M notice below.
September 18, 2015
Dear Valued Customer:
Over the past five years, we have been pleased to introduce you to a new range of Powered Air Purifying Respirator (PAPR) headtops, breathing tubes and motor/blower assemblies under our 3M™ Versaflo™ Respirator Systems brand. We believe that these new products provide enhanced performance and comfort when compared to the products they are intended to replace. Now that 3M has new products available, we are proceeding to discontinue some older, redundant products.
Please note that 3M continues to support our valued, existing PAPR customers by providing many key PAPR consumable items for up to 3 years. Details are provided in the following pages, regarding which components remain available.
3M’s team of sales and technical service professionals stand ready to assist your exploration and discovery of the many benefits of our new products. The following pages also highlight specific 3M Versaflo PAPRs that may be appropriate as a direct replacement for your existing 3M PAPR system, depending on your application. Our team is ready to help you discover and implement use of the Versaflo products that best meet your business objectives.
The following GVP Series, non-intrinsically safe PAPR systems are discontinued immediately.
- 3M GVP-1NiMH
- 3M GVP-1UNiMH
- 3M GVP-CBNiMH
The TR-600 PAPR assembly that most closely replaces a GVP system depends on whether the PAPR
is being used with a particulate filter or a cartridge, and the type of belt. Table 2 highlights the TR-
600 series PAPR assembly that best replaces GVP systems, when those GVP PAPRs were used with
particulate filter GVP-440. These systems feature the smaller, lighter and less expensive ‘standard
capacity’ battery TR-630.
Specific GVP Series PAPR Component Discontinuations
- 3M GVP-200 - Upgrade Kit - Discontinued Immediately
- 3M BC-210 - Battery charger for Battery BP-15 - Discontinued Immediately
- 3M GVP-401 - Organic Vapor Cartridge - Will be discontinued - January 29th, 2016
- 3M GVP-402 - Acid Gas Cartridge - Will be discontinued - January 29th, 2016
- 3M GVP-403 - Organic Vapor / Acid Gas Cartridge - Will be discontinued - January 29th, 2016
- 3M GVP-404 - Ammonia Cartridge - Will be discontinued - January 29th, 2016
- 3M GVP-405 - Formaldehyde Cartridge - Will be discontinued - January 29th, 2016
- 3M GVP-210 - Power Cord for GVP/BP-15 - Will be discontinued - December 31st, 2017
The following Breathe Easy Series, non-intrinsically safe PAPR system is discontinued immediately.
- 3M 520-15-00 Breathe Easy Series PAPR